Protecting Heirloom Needlework

Category Needlework
If you are fortunate enough to own one or more pieces of heirloom needlework, you want to protect it and extend its life even more. This is a guide about protecting heirloom needlework.

My late mother-in-law made me a lovely piece of needlework, but it had to be laundered quite often. I was worried about the wear and tear on the piece, so I found an old metal frame with glass that fit the frame and hung the piece.

However, the the frame was of narrow metal and quite ugly. I bought a silk type garland of leaves, cut them off and hot glued them round the frame. Now it gets lots of compliments and my mom-in-law's patient needlework is well protected!

By Janet

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.
Susan from ThriftyFun

Beautiful. TFS.