Browsing: Crochet With Scrap Fabric

Crochet Purse Made With Strips Of Fabric

Does anyone know how to knit or crochet a purse with strips of fabric?

Linda

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

One time I bought some very pretty fabric on sale and after I decided to make a skirt with it, I still ended up with a ton of it left, so I knitted a sweater to match with the remaining fabric. Just lay it out flat on the floor and start at one side (side A), and cut a strip 1/2 inch wide, stopping 1/2 inch before you get to the edge (of side B). Then go 1/2 inch below where you stopped (on side B) and cut all the way across back to side A, stopping before you go all the way to the edge. Keep doing this until all your fabric is cut. You end up with one big long strand that you can crochet or knit with, just like you would a piece of yarn. It frays a little, but that just adds character, and it was very durable, I had it for years and ended up getting tired of it before it wore out. Also there are just tons of free patterns for purses on line if you need one. I hope this helps you out. Have fun.

I found kits at Joann.com and also at my local walmart store. The brand name is "Fabri Knit". They come with everything you need (except knitting needles). The fabric is already cut and it includes embelishments,handle and instructions.

I am sure you could croquet the fabric as well.

There's a pattern in the book Creative Crochet (leisure Arts Publicaton) for Quick Soft and Roomy Tote. It's made using 2" wide strips of cloth, size Q hook.

Here's a link to detailed instructions on HGTV to knit one...

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_accesso ... le/0,1789,HGTV_3227_2803674,00.html. If the link doesn't work, go to www.hgtv.com and search "Knitted Fabric Empress Purse."

Crochet With Scrap Fabric
Crochet With Scrap Fabric
Crafts CrochetFebruary 15, 2005
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
fabric scissors
Cutting Fabric Strips
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Crocheted Purse
Crocheted Purse Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:37:42 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.