Browsing: Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

Getting Rid of Small Black Ants

I need ideas of how to get rid of small ants in my house?

By LaDonna from OH

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

About 10 percent dry 20 Mule Team Borax in Karo syrup. Warm a few seconds, shake to dissolve. Place where pets will not lick. Ants carry it back to nest to kill queen. Queens can live and reproduce other queens for up to 20 years. This method may take a few days but problem is solved.

Best Answer

Use Boric Acid (found easily at any store, I have even seen it at Dollar Tree) mixed with sugar and enough water to make a paste. Then drip it where the ants are at and in a day or so, the ants should be gone. The ants will take it back to the colony and will feed it to the queen destroying the colony. Make sure to keep it away from pets and children. If ants die near the mix or if they keep coming back, you might have to tweak the mixture. Thanks to my Dad, the farmer.

Raid Double Control Ant Baits. Four traps come in a box. Kills the colony and keeps killing for 3 months. I had problems with ants in my apartment, one of the maintenance men dropped them off at my apartment.

I have had repeated attacks and have won the last battle with a borax slurry that you can pick up at any hardware store. They eat this sweet stuff, take it the queen and they die! Works great and will only take a couple of days.

I read somewhere that ants don't like lemon juice. I had a swarm of ants in my pantry. I took an old bottle of lemon juice and a rag and washed all the shelves in the pantry. The ants disappeared. I also read that you can get them to move thier beds by sprinkling bits and pieces of lemon peel around where you don't want them. Hope it works for you. It's been a year and I haven't gotten any more ants in my pantry.

Hubby's in love with Hot Shot ant baits. The down side? Wiping dead ants off surfaces on a regular basis, eww! There's also the issue of trying not to knock them off onto the floor or worse, into the dish water. :P

My friend Bev suggested diazipam (sp?) sprinkled in a solid line (kinda like a football field's "chalk line") around the outside perimeter to keep them from coming inside in the first place. Hubby's daughter swears by the green ant stakes you can find at Lowe's or your fave hardware store.

Go grab Cloris power and free or any cleaner that is hydrogen peroxide based. Clean entire area and follow their trail. Wipe the entire trail route (ants follow a chemical trail). Remember. Ants are highly attracted to dry pet food. So store it in a sealed container. Dnot leave food around. You'll notice they are gone instantly

Several small ants inside a sugar bowl
Getting Rid of Small Black Ants
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsApril 13, 2011
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 7:18:07 AM on 10.0.2.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.