Best Flooring for a Screen Porch

By Ginny 27 52

I have a covered porch that is screened in top to bottom. I need to replace some indoor/outdoor carpeting that is there with something else; it is over concrete. Is tile hard to install, and is there a special kind I need to use outside? Does anyone have any other ideas as to what I could put there? I am not a fan of carpeting outside. Thanks.

By Ginny from Murrells Inlet, SC

Showing: Answers Sort

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

My folks always just painted their porch floor when it was screened from top to bottom. Our neighbors either did that or put vinyl or linoleum down on theirs. It kind of depends on how fancy you want it. From different decorating shows I watch on TV, it looks like when they lay tile they start in the center of the room and work out to the sides. If you use anything buy vinyl tiles you will need a special cutter to cut the tiles that you will need smaller. That is about all I know about it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Allison 460 Flag

I would go with deck type flooring and you could put a few area rugs around if you need to. Or, another option is ceramic tile, but that is colder on your feet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jaxon Mackinolty 1 Flag

You can use porcelain tile for screened porch. With porcelain tile, you can create a beautiful, customized look for the floor. It comes in variety of color, size and styles.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ventisaustralia

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Screened Porch
Flooring a Screened Porch
Home and Garden Home Improvement Outdoor StructuresMarch 25, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Screened Porch
Flooring a Screened Porch
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Upclose picture of bamboo flooring.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 3:11:06 PM on 10.0.0.44 in 974 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings