Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

White Blouse Now Dingy Gray

I washed a new white blouse with new black pants, now the bright white blouse is dingy gray. How can I make it back to bright white again?

Sandymcpk from Buffalo, NY

By

By Kathleen [2]01/10/2007

You might consider Rit Color Remover fabric treatment. I can purchase it in the laundry section of my grocery store. Check out their website at www.ritdye.com!

RE: White Blouse Now Dingy Gray

By Diane01/10/2007

A trick nurses and doctors use to keep their whites white is to wash in Lestoil. It brings the uniforms back to bright white. You will have to wash a second time to get the smell out but it should work fine. I also use it on my husbands work clothes about once a month or so as the machine oil doesn't wash out well enough.
Diane

By siris. (Guest Post)01/09/2007

Use "Rit" dye remover. works well on synthetics too.

By Ro (Guest Post)01/09/2007

A product called "Yellow Out" in the grocery store has often worked for me, especially w/ synthetics. It is a small container similarly shaped like CLR (Don't use That!) and should be in the laundry section. Not all stores carry it and sometimes I find it in stores like ACE Hardware. Should do the trick for you

By Brenda [20]01/09/2007

If you haven't thrown it in the dryer and set the color, then throw it back into the washer and wash on hot w/a little bleach or clorox2 or oxiclean. I sometimes throw in a Shout "colorcatcher" sheet too to absorb the color coming off the item. It works best if you haven't dried the item, but I'd try it even if you have. If that doesn't work, try the same steps using a product called "Iron Out", also found on the cleaning aisle, and following the directions on the Iron Out label. Good Luck!