White Blouse Now Dingy Gray

By Sandy Macpeek 1

I washed a new white blouse with new black pants, now the bright white blouse is dingy gray. How can I make it back to bright white again?

Sandymcpk from Buffalo, NY

Showing: Answers Sort

By Brenda 25 63 Flag

If you haven't thrown it in the dryer and set the color, then throw it back into the washer and wash on hot w/a little bleach or clorox2 or oxiclean. I sometimes throw in a Shout "colorcatcher" sheet too to absorb the color coming off the item. It works best if you haven't dried the item, but I'd try it even if you have. If that doesn't work, try the same steps using a product called "Iron Out", also found on the cleaning aisle, and following the directions on the Iron Out label. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

A product called "Yellow Out" in the grocery store has often worked for me, especially w/ synthetics. It is a small container similarly shaped like CLR (Don't use That!) and should be in the laundry section. Not all stores carry it and sometimes I find it in stores like ACE Hardware. Should do the trick for you

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Use "Rit" dye remover. works well on synthetics too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Diane 1 21 Flag

A trick nurses and doctors use to keep their whites white is to wash in Lestoil. It brings the uniforms back to bright white. You will have to wash a second time to get the smell out but it should work fine. I also use it on my husbands work clothes about once a month or so as the machine oil doesn't wash out well enough.

Diane

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kathleen 2 5 Flag

You might consider Rit Color Remover fabric treatment. I can purchase it in the laundry section of my grocery store. Check out their website at www.ritdye.com!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJanuary 7, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
Dingy Clothing on a Clothing Line
Solutions for Dingy Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 5:22:58 PM on 10.0.2.206 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings