Stacked Stars from Food Packaging

By cutting my kitchen cardboard empties into 3 different star sizes, then stacking them I now have "chunky stars" to use in decorating. I fasten them with glue or tape, and paint them and add glitter or cover with pretty paper to disguise them from their original state. Presto Chang-o! free decorations.

The stars pictured are cut, stacked, and fastened (I used tape to secure them), but not yet decorated.

Set the kids to task at this. You need at least one star shape that will be the same star size and shape you use for one stack, tape, pretty paper, paint, glue, and glitter or other deco-bits to cover it. Add a string or wire to hang them and there you have it!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Great idea to reuse that cardboard (which I currently recycle)! Do you use an exacto knife to cut the shapes? Seems like you'd go through blades pretty fast. I have a little arthritis in my hands, so I need to have something that cuts easily.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes