Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

I have a cutting started from a friend's hydrangea. It's still very small with only six leaves, so far. I live in zone 7. Can I plant this small cutting in the garden and will it survive this winter? If not, how do I "winter it over" in the house?

By Claudine from Clifon, NJ

Yes! I have done this many times. The last one I did was 2 yrs. ago and it is now blooming beautifully in my garden. I let it have morning sun only and when it has about 6-8 leaves on it, I re-pot it into a larger one and then in to the ground the following spring. Good luck..

Hydrangeas Cuttings
Growing Hydrangeas From Cuttings
Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsJuly 19, 2010
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Deadheading a Hydrangea
Deadheading a Hydrangea
Growing Hydrangea from Seed
Growing a Plum Tree from a Cutting
Growing a Plum Tree from a Cutting