Buy Birthday Gifts Throughout The Year

Shopping for Birthday gifts for yet another birthday party left me frazzled. It was always the same thing; what to get a child, how to stay in my budget and how to stop the last minute "I need a gift" shuffle?

Now when I find a good buy (usually a board games, craft items or books/picture frames or albums), I will buy 2 or 3 of the same item and store them under the bed for use at the next birthday party. We have given Cranium games (purchased right after Christmas for $8) and ALL about me books (for $5), Origami kits for $5 and for the teens 3-D photo frames for $5 from the Hallmark store). My daughters always have a unique gift to give and it has not broken the bank and prevents me from making a mad dash to the store for a gift, saving the gas money. Keep the receipts attached to the gift for easy returns.

By Diana from Prospect, KY

I have two boxes in my basement, one is marked Christmas, the other marked All Occasion. They are for gifts that I either buy during the year or make myself. I tag each item with the receipients name, if it is for a certain person and the occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc). Generic gifts go in there too. It is great when I get them on sale too. Saves a lot of time and money.

LI Roe

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayMarch 7, 2008
Freebies wrapped as gifts.
Collecting Freebies for Gifts
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
Photo of cherries hanging on a cherry tree.
Growing Cherries (Cherry Trees)
Frozen cherries.
Freezing Cherries
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 6:30:10 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 990 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.