Reuse Shower Curtain Rings For Keys or Clothes

If you have left over shower curtain rings, don't toss them. I put two on the hanger that my jackets are on, then hang the matching slacks or skirt, and top, on the rings. It saves time and room in the closet.

I keep one in my purse, and if I have to carry too many bags from the store to the house (am currently without a car), these help my fingers from getting tired and sore.
And lastly, they make a great key ring if you have lots of keys you need to keep straight. Enjoy!!

By Sandra from Salem OR

Did you ever see the movie, "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" starring John Candy?

John Candy was a salesman who sold shower curtain rings. And he tried selling them as women's earrings at an airport. The movie was hilarious!

I have a few DOZEN of these and couldn't figure out what to do with them. You have put several ideas into my head. TYVM!

I'd worry about it coming open if it hit the ground & loosing keys in the dark in the grass

These were great tips! I have a couple other uses for shower curtain rings:

They make great toys for pet birds. Lovebirds, cockatiels, and other small pet birds can climb them, swing from them, weave in and out of a chain of them, or you can use them to attach other toys or food treats to the cage. I have also used them to attach toys in ferret cages.

For young teething babies that love to chew but are always dropping their toys, shower curtain rings can be used to attach toys like teething rings or keys to their highchair, car seat, bouncer... or my favorite, hung from the ring on a ring style baby sling so that I always had a toy at hand when wearing my baby.

Very interesting to read other uses, I use my spare ones to hold up some net curtains in the bathroom that were designed for rods (cafe style). Happens that my bathroom blind had broken a long time back but the rod was still in place in the window.

I also use the plastic ones to hold up a thin shower curtain behind the expensive one which has got limescale on the inside but for some reason I can't detach it from it's metal rings.

I use them on hangers and put them in the closet and run my scarves through them. When I need a neck scarf to wear with an outfit I can easily go to the closet and pull out the one I want.

Use them on a hanger for your scarves..pull them thru the ring and hang them in your closet. Nice to pull one out instead of rummaging through a drawer of them folded and taking up space.