Remembering Something Before You Leave

My sister taught me this trick to help you remember something you have to do before you leave the house. Just put a post it note or magnet on the door you use to leave and it will remind you that you have to do something. It's great when we are filling up the pool or need to turn on the slow cooker.

By Scaryone

I sometimes can even walk by the post it note on the door, so I put one on my steering wheel of my car!

Good idea! I put a big note on my front door, but still forget to look at it! I will turn my car around and go back home to check burners, etc., because being not quite sure that I have left something cooking, I will have that nagging feeling all the time I'm gone. I'm going to start putting a note on the steering wheel!!!

Put your car keys with the item you want to take. You cant leave until you get your keys. When I wanted to take my lunch to work. I always put my keys in the refrigerator.

Yeah, I used that "steering wheel" idea, for a while, that is... UNTIL my WHOLE car was full of post-it-notes! <*grin*>

But I do have to say, the best investment I made was at the dollar store: an erasable magnetic board hung on my fridge... At least I know what groceries I need & I actually get my phone messages now!

The key thing always helps me. I also use it when I have to borrow keys from someone for any reason. I trade keys with them so they are holding my car keys hostage. I can't leave until I've paid the ransom.