Cost of Bone Marrow Biopsy for a Dog

Has anyone ever had to have a bone marrow test done on your dog? If so, about how much money do they charge (including anesthesia and labs)? Just trying to get an idea for what I'm looking at. Thanks!

By Dawn from Seattle, WA

I don't know about the dog, poor thing. I had one myself a few years ago and it was THE most painful thing I've ever been through.

The vet should be able to give you an estimate. Or even a flat rate amount barring any complications. Ask them plenty of questions before hand. What are your dog's symptoms? Have other less invasive tests been done? Don't be afraid to take test results and get a second opinion.

Good Luck!

I don't know how much it would be either; but I am so sorry you and your dog are in that situation. What I would do if it is feasible, try and get second or third ,even,opinion. I had taken my dog to same hospital for 5 years,and he has chronic condition, and the expense was just too great.So I called around and found an Animal Clinic for half the price! They also seemed more caring and efficient than original Dr.'s. Good luck!! I hope you get the best of care.

I checked a few months ago and it was $1500 at a Vet in the suburbs of Washington, DC. A lot!

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 26, 2010
A bone-in ham on a platter.
Recipes Using a Ham Bone
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Reducing Bone Loss
Reducing Bone Loss
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
🎄
🍂