Opo Squash Chicken Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
June 1, 2018
Bone in chicken breast was on sale so I cut the chicken breast off for a different meal. What remained was the bone and a bit of meatIt was was just enough to make this opo squash* chicken soup.
*Opo squash is a native of southeast Asia and actually a gourd. It is also known as cucuzza or calabash.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 people
- 1.5" ginger
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 opo squash
- 2 chicken
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 bunch green onion
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Add a dash of salt and set aside.
- Bake ginger, half onion, and garlic cloves in a oven at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Peel opo squash and cut into desired size. I personally do not like the inside of the opo squash, but it is edible. Chop green onions.
- Boil 4 cups of water over high heat. Once boiling, add ginger, onion and garlic cloves. Add chicken.
- When the chicken boils, remove the bubbles. Removing the bubbles will make the broth is clear. Reduce heat to medium for 15 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and opo squash. Cover with lid and cook about 5 minutes.
- Top off with green onions and dash of salt and pepper. Its ready to serve.
Published by ThriftyFun. Desktop Page | View Mobile
Generated 2022-10-25 19:51:35 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.