Living with Packrats

When it comes to clutter and being organized I have a rule: When going through old things every year, when I find an item that someone just had to have for christmas, birthday, etc. If that item or items is sitting and not being used, I always ask the question "what is this going to be used for?" If I do not get an answer in 1 minute or less, and if it is not a logical answer the item either gets thrown away or donated!

This approach I have found over the years reduces clutter and frees up space for the next years clutter that may come through. If you live with a pack rat this definetly helps!

By Kimberly from Cleveland, OH

Garage Full of Boxes and Clutter
Getting Rid of Clutter
Organizing Clutter ControlFebruary 8, 2006
A girlfriend and boyfriend struggling to pay bills.
Sharing Living Expenses With a Boyfriend or Girlfriend
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Open concept rooms.
Painting an Open Concept Kitchen and Living Room
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room