Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

"Scoop" Needle Fob

Fob.

Take a baby formula scoop with the hole in the end. Fill it with coffee (sand, etc), seal the large opening, and you have a perfect needle sharpener that sits flat on any flat surface.

Approximate Time: under 5 minutes

• baby formula scoop
  • 1-2 Tbsp. sand or coffee
  • small cardboard disk the size of the scoop opening
  • glue or tape
  • small piece of velcro (optional)

Instructions:

1. Take the baby formula scoop, fill with sand or coffee. I prefer coffee, because is smells so good when it's fresh and even sweeter when it's old. Pack it down really solid.
  2. Cut a cardboard or plastic circle the same exact size of the large opening. Either glue or tape securely the disk to the scoop. I glue a small 1/4" piece of Velcro to the scoop and the sewing machine. That way, I can hang it from the machine, or you can just sit it on any flat surface. There is a small hole in the top of the the mound. It's perfect for keeping all the needles and pins in your house nice and sharp. The nice thing about using the tape, is that you can refill it if you want to. ENJOY!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Sandi [390]08/02/2008

That's never happened. However, if you find it does, the instructions say you can use sand, too. Alot of ladies who did this in my family say that human hair is a great needle sharpener, too. I suggested coffee because is works and smells wonderful when it gets old. The nice thing about taping the bottom on is that you can change the stuff inside. The other thing is, you don't keep the needles in it, you just push them inside a few times when they get dull. Thanks for the feedback!!

By Kat (Guest Post)07/30/2008

I'm surprised that coffee would sharpen needles! Interesting idea. I would be a little concerned that you could get staining on light colored fabrics though.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.