"Scoop" Needle Fob

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,133

Take a baby formula scoop with the hole in the end. Fill it with coffee (sand, etc), seal the large opening, and you have a perfect needle sharpener that sits flat on any flat surface.

Fob.

Approximate Time: under 5 minutes

Instructions:

1. Take the baby formula scoop, fill with sand or coffee. I prefer coffee, because is smells so good when it's fresh and even sweeter when it's old. Pack it down really solid.
  2. Cut a cardboard or plastic circle the same exact size of the large opening. Either glue or tape securely the disk to the scoop. I glue a small 1/4" piece of Velcro to the scoop and the sewing machine. That way, I can hang it from the machine, or you can just sit it on any flat surface. There is a small hole in the top of the the mound. It's perfect for keeping all the needles and pins in your house nice and sharp. The nice thing about using the tape, is that you can refill it if you want to. ENJOY!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I'm surprised that coffee would sharpen needles! Interesting idea. I would be a little concerned that you could get staining on light colored fabrics though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,133 Flag

That's never happened. However, if you find it does, the instructions say you can use sand, too. Alot of ladies who did this in my family say that human hair is a great needle sharpener, too. I suggested coffee because is works and smells wonderful when it gets old. The nice thing about taping the bottom on is that you can change the stuff inside. The other thing is, you don't keep the needles in it, you just push them inside a few times when they get dull. Thanks for the feedback!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marty Dick 167 967 Flag

This is brilliant! I am wondering if salt might work also... just a thought.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Sewing Needle
Making a Homemade Sewing Needle Sharpener
Crafts OtherJuly 29, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Sewing Needle
Using a Keyless Remote
Using a Keyless Remote
Punch Needle Embroidery
Punch Needle Embroidery Tips and Tricks
A wild raccoon looking up.
Rescuing Wild Animals
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 6:11:14 PM on 10.0.0.183 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings