Making a Wind Stopper for the Winter

Hello from Canada!

If this winter, you need to stop cold air from entering under your door, simply stick paper tape to the bottom edge of the door. Not under the door but simply on the inside edge of the door. Close the door and use clear industrial silicone to fill the crack between the door and the floor. Put more silicone on the floor than on the door. Use a wet rag to make a nice long door stop and when it dries, open the door. The paper tape should pull away from the door and you will have to remove it from the silicone; but now you have a wind stopper for the winter.

By Joseph Raglione from Laval West, Quebec,Canada

Maybe I'm stupid but I'm not following your directions. What is paper tape? Can you take a picture of the process or at least the finished result because it's not too clear to me.

SOUND INTERESTING BUT I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUCTION... A PHOTO OR DIAGRAM MAY HAVE HELP IN THIS...

I think I get it, he says put a strip of tape on the door, close the door standing on the outside fill the space between the door and the outside jamb? (that little piece of wood on the floor between the doorway) fill that space with caulk, the caulk will stick to that floor peice, when it drys open the door and the tape will stick to the caulk pull it off and there should be a neat little line/row of caulk that will stop wind from coming under the door. Hope I didn't confuse you more.

Good idea, but silicone REALLY catches dust and dirt.

It might last a season but would really need to be pulled up and tossed in a short while. Remember trying to caulk the tub with clear silicone? Everything sticks to it, but then, if it's cold, going out is minimal.

I like the idea, just not the material chosen. I can't think off-hand of a better product, but I'll work on it.

God bless you for the idea!