Door Pillow

Slow down the cold drafts coming in through your doors with this easy craft.

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

• Fabric
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine

• Old blanket or other filling

Instructions:

With cold coming and many of us looking forward to expensive heating bills, it's time to winterize!

We have a sliding door that can let in a draft, so I took some fabric I received for free from a neighbor and cut it to fit the threshold (allowing an extra inch for the seam).

Next, I sewed up the long side and turned it inside out. Using an old, thick blanket, I rolled it up and placed it in the door pillow. I then turned the two small ends in and sewed them up. Presto! The vertical blinds easily disguise the door pillow.

By Ci Ci from Yakima, WA

Ci Ci, thanks for the great idea. Our doors really leak alot of cold air, I have been using an old blanket that i tied up with small bungee cords at both ends, Not a pretty site!! I like your blanket sleeve idea, i will probably make a fall one now, and a Christmas one as I can't hide mine behind vertical blinds so why not make it colorful! it has to sit in front of the entry door. Thanks so much for the idea. Blessings, Natalie, SK, Canada

Crafts OtherNovember 10, 2008
📓
🎂
🌻