Door Draft Stopper

I want to make a door draft stopper. Any ideas? Thank you.

By Barbara from Union Mills, NC

Take a 4-5" wide strip of strong fabric and measure it about 3" longer than the width of the door. Sew the end shut and then down the length, double seamed. Fill with play sand, cat litter or something non-food, till about 4" from the end. Secure end and sew, by hand if you have to (the tube is kind of heavy by then). Lay it down in front of the door, molding the sand around the drafty bottom. When you don't need it, pick it up in the middle and the slack in sand will let you hang it over the knob.
Problem Solved!
Hope that helps.
PBP

Don't want to intrude to posts already here however I have found using sand eventually will flatten. Using cat litter is dusty. I have crocheted several of these and have used beans such as pinto beans. They are inexpensive and don't create dust nor flatten. They are heavy enough to stay put but light enough to move when needed. If you do not crochet, but sew, the dollar stores have inexpensive towels. Just sew those together and fill with beans. Let us know what you have tried and how it has worked out for you!

I made my door draft stopper out of foam pipe insulating, it comes in sticks and is fairly cheap.
I made mine to look like the ones they advertise on t.v. Just make a long rectngle the size to fit your door(I used a leg from an old pair of jeans) then sew straight down the middle to form two long "pockets" then cut your foam to fit your door,slide foam into pockets and slide onto bottom of door. It stays put when you open & close the door.