Freezing Cooked Beef

If you have leftover cooked beef, such as roast, stews, or curries you can freeze the leftovers for a future meal. This is a guide about freezing cooked beef.

beef pot roast
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Can you freeze cooked beef that has been refrigerated for 2 days?

Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

There is no problem doing that! I do it all the time - if I have enough and I don't want to do anything more w/ it right away. Just make sure you wrap it well, as air tight as possible to avoid freezer burn.

Best Answer

Absolutely! The quicker you freeze meat after it has cooked and cooled - the better. You should have no problem freezing it. Sniff and nibble if you are suspicious- wrap it so you keep out as much air as possible to keep from freezer burn and label clearly. Good job on saving money!

Read More Answers...

If I make a beef curry from frozen beef. Can I re-freeze this after it is cooked?

R Lewis from Norwich UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Yes, you can. I am always making things from frozen meats and then freezing leftovers, such as soups, stews, and chili.

Best Answer

When you are making the beef curry, do not add vegetables eg. potatoes or tomatoes. Make the curry plain and do not add coconut milk. Use kas-kas instead.

Then you can freeze it for long periods. On the day of serving, take a pan, fry some onions, garlic, curry leaves, ginger, and add potato cubes and/ or tomatoes and a little salt, cook it well. Then add the beef curry and heat it up well until it boils. Then serve. It should taste good.

Read More Answers...

Can you freeze canned corned beef?

By Syl from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My husband and I love corned beef hash but a whole can makes too much for us. I cut the corned beef in half and wrap half tightly in saran wrap and put it in a freezer container. It tastes as good after it has been frozen as when it was first opened, plus it gives us two meals for the price of one. I tried freezing the prepared hash but found the consistency of the potatoes wasn't as good.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Freezing MeatMay 6, 2013
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
canning beef
Canning Beef
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 2:12:26 AM on 10.0.0.73 in 424 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.