Freezing Cooked Beef

Category Meat
beef pot roast
If you have leftover cooked beef, such as roast, stews, or curries you can freeze the leftovers for a future meal. This is a guide about freezing cooked beef.

Curry leftovers can be saved for another meal by freezing. This is a guide about freezing beef curry.

Beef Curry

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Freezing is a good way to preserve leftovers or extra food products for later use. This is a guide about freezing canned corned beef.

A can of corned beef.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Can you freeze cooked beef that has been refrigerated for 2 days?

Linda

Best Answer

There is no problem doing that! I do it all the time - if I have enough and I don't want to do anything more w/ it right away. Just make sure you wrap it well, as air tight as possible to avoid freezer burn.

Best Answer

Absolutely! The quicker you freeze meat after it has cooked and cooled - the better. You should have no problem freezing it. Sniff and nibble if you are suspicious- wrap it so you keep out as much air as possible to keep from freezer burn and label clearly. Good job on saving money!

If I make a beef curry from frozen beef. Can I re-freeze this after it is cooked?

R Lewis from Norwich UK

Best Answer

Yes, you can. I am always making things from frozen meats and then freezing leftovers, such as soups, stews, and chili.

Best Answer

When you are making the beef curry, do not add vegetables eg. potatoes or tomatoes. Make the curry plain and do not add coconut milk. Use kas-kas instead.

Then you can freeze it for long periods. On the day of serving, take a pan, fry some onions, garlic, curry leaves, ginger, and add potato cubes and/ or tomatoes and a little salt, cook it well. Then add the beef curry and heat it up well until it boils. Then serve. It should taste good.

Can you freeze Armour jarred dried beef? I did not use it all when I opened it.

By Ramey

How long can a cooked prime rib be frozen?

By Joanie