Browsing: Freezing Cooked Beef

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Freezing Cooked Beef

If you have leftover cooked beef, such as roast, stews, or curries you can freeze the leftovers for a future meal. This is a guide about freezing cooked beef.

beef pot roast
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 25, 2008 Flag

Can you freeze cooked beef that has been refrigerated for 2 days?

Linda

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

There is no problem doing that! I do it all the time - if I have enough and I don't want to do anything more w/ it right away. Just make sure you wrap it well, as air tight as possible to avoid freezer burn.

Best Answer

Absolutely! The quicker you freeze meat after it has cooked and cooled - the better. You should have no problem freezing it. Sniff and nibble if you are suspicious- wrap it so you keep out as much air as possible to keep from freezer burn and label clearly. Good job on saving money!

I agree. If I am thinking of using it for sandwiches, I make the sandwich right then, and freeze it in a baggy or a sandwich box. Also for kids lunches, as my son prefers leftovers, I put the meat and other leftovers in a sandwich box. He can reheat it at school for a hot lunch.

If it is a meal sized amount, do as the previous poster suggested, wrap well, and save for another time.

Yes you can freeze meat after it is cooked. The main problem comes from trying to refreeze meat. What happens then is that after you have defrosted meat it has a certain amount of bacteria. If you refreeze it again, when you defrost it this will cause you to double the risk of more bacteria so do not do that. I have this on a meat cutter's wisdom. And I asked him myself as I was curious and wanted to be safer then sorry, this was his answer.

A lot of people like to make dinner's ahead of time and freeze them for a later date when needed. This is also good for single as well as family's with working parent's and then too, it is just very convenient. Also with meat priced so high you want to be as frugal as you can be with it. Darlene

Read More Answers...

January 28, 2007 Flag

If I make a beef curry from frozen beef. Can I re-freeze this after it is cooked?

R Lewis from Norwich UK

Best Answer

Yes, you can. I am always making things from frozen meats and then freezing leftovers, such as soups, stews, and chili.

Best Answer

When you are making the beef curry, do not add vegetables eg. potatoes or tomatoes. Make the curry plain and do not add coconut milk. Use kas-kas instead.

Then you can freeze it for long periods. On the day of serving, take a pan, fry some onions, garlic, curry leaves, ginger, and add potato cubes and/ or tomatoes and a little salt, cook it well. Then add the beef curry and heat it up well until it boils. Then serve. It should taste good.

Yes. You can freeze any cooked food. I would not suggest taking a piece of beef, thawing, seasoning and refreezing, but if it is cooked it will be fine.

Hope this helps,

Tina

November 8, 2009 Flag

Can you freeze canned corned beef?

By Syl from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Hmm, that has me wondering. Why freeze it if it is canned? You can freeze the contents of the can, but you have to remove it from the can and repackage it in a freezable container. Do not freeze an unopened can. They will burst.

I have made corned beef hash from canned corned beef and froze the left overs. Used a few weeks later for another meal and it was just as good as it was when fresh.

My husband and I love corned beef hash but a whole can makes too much for us. I cut the corned beef in half and wrap half tightly in saran wrap and put it in a freezer container. It tastes as good after it has been frozen as when it was first opened, plus it gives us two meals for the price of one. I tried freezing the prepared hash but found the consistency of the potatoes wasn't as good.

Food and Recipes Freezing MeatMay 6, 2013
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
canning beef
Canning Beef
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 5:09:08 PM on 10.0.1.126 in 442 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.