Freezing Dried Beef

Can you freeze Armour jarred dried beef? I did not use it all when I opened it.

By Ramey

Freezing dried beef will change its texture. But, with some caveats, you can freeze it if you plan to use it in a way that doesn't depend on the fresher texture. It must be frozen in an airtight package and should be used within a month or two. Don't freeze and use it if it is already past its use by date. I would then use it for soups or a chipped beef on toast style of sauce. If you just opened the jar it can be stored in the refrigerator for about 1 month.

If you squeeze all the air out it should be fine.

Before freezing it, you may want to call their customer services number and see how long it will keep in the jar. Their info is www.armour-star.com/contact.asp

While you have them on the line, they can give you freezing tips...and I am betting if you ask, if you tell them how much you love the product but how hard it is to find coupons, they may send you some coupons for your next purchase.

I have not tried it with Armour, but I have done exactly this with many of the other big name companies. I love coupons and the ones in the paper are not that great any more...so I go right to the source!

Food and Recipes Freezing MeatJanuary 27, 2015
🌻
📓
😎
🐛