Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Freezing Cooked Beef

If you have leftover cooked beef, such as roast, stews, or curries you can freeze the leftovers for a future meal. This is a guide about freezing cooked beef.

A can of corned beef.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Freezing is a good way to preserve leftovers or extra food products for later use. This is a guide about freezing canned corned beef.

Beef Curry

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Curry leftovers can be saved for another meal by freezing. This is a guide about freezing beef curry.

August 25, 2008 Flag

Can you freeze cooked beef that has been refrigerated for 2 days?

Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

There is no problem doing that! I do it all the time - if I have enough and I don't want to do anything more w/ it right away. Just make sure you wrap it well, as air tight as possible to avoid freezer burn.

Best Answer

Absolutely! The quicker you freeze meat after it has cooked and cooled - the better. You should have no problem freezing it. Sniff and nibble if you are suspicious- wrap it so you keep out as much air as possible to keep from freezer burn and label clearly. Good job on saving money!

I've done it before and had no problems. Were not big meat eaters and I didn't want to waste any either.

I agree. If I am thinking of using it for sandwiches, I make the sandwich right then, and freeze it in a baggy or a sandwich box. Also for kids lunches, as my son prefers leftovers, I put the meat and other leftovers in a sandwich box. He can reheat it at school for a hot lunch.

If it is a meal sized amount, do as the previous poster suggested, wrap well, and save for another time.

Yes you can freeze meat after it is cooked. The main problem comes from trying to refreeze meat. What happens then is that after you have defrosted meat it has a certain amount of bacteria. If you refreeze it again, when you defrost it this will cause you to double the risk of more bacteria so do not do that. I have this on a meat cutter's wisdom. And I asked him myself as I was curious and wanted to be safer then sorry, this was his answer.

A lot of people like to make dinner's ahead of time and freeze them for a later date when needed. This is also good for single as well as family's with working parent's and then too, it is just very convenient. Also with meat priced so high you want to be as frugal as you can be with it. Darlene

January 28, 2007 Flag

If I make a beef curry from frozen beef. Can I re-freeze this after it is cooked?

R Lewis from Norwich UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Yes, you can. I am always making things from frozen meats and then freezing leftovers, such as soups, stews, and chili.

Best Answer

When you are making the beef curry, do not add vegetables eg. potatoes or tomatoes. Make the curry plain and do not add coconut milk. Use kas-kas instead.

Then you can freeze it for long periods. On the day of serving, take a pan, fry some onions, garlic, curry leaves, ginger, and add potato cubes and/ or tomatoes and a little salt, cook it well. Then add the beef curry and heat it up well until it boils. Then serve. It should taste good.

Yes. You can freeze any cooked food. I would not suggest taking a piece of beef, thawing, seasoning and refreezing, but if it is cooked it will be fine.

Hope this helps,

Tina

January 27, 2015 Flag

Can you freeze Armour jarred dried beef? I did not use it all when I opened it.

By Ramey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 3, 2013 Flag

How long can a cooked prime rib be frozen?

By Joanie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Freezing MeatMay 6, 2013
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Beef Curry
Freezing Beef Curry
A can of corned beef.
Freezing Canned Corned Beef
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 6:30:17 AM on 10.0.1.89 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.