Cut Bitter Iced Tea With Baking Soda

When brewing iced tea, to take out some of the bitter taste, add a pinch of baking soda to the container. Don't overdo it. Just a pinch!

By Mike from Birmingham, AL

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I always put a pinch of salt when I brew ice tea...when I brew coffee, I put a pinch of salt in the coffee grounds...when I make a cup of hot tea, I put in some salt also...my grampa used to put salt and egg shells when he made coffee...I put baking soda in the ice tea one time and got too much...never again...

Jannie

Chumuckla, FL

I just read that you could do the same thing with coffee. I thought I'd try it the next time somebody makes coffee too strong to see if it will help. God bless you!

You can also cut down on sugar in pies that have tart fruit by adding a pinch of baking soda.

Comment

Iced Tea Tips and Tricks
Iced Tea Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesMay 31, 2007
red spray bottle
Homemade Bitter Apple Spray
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Summer drinks
Avoiding Watered Down Iced Drinks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 31, 2016 at 9:04:25 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 288 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.