Scrambled Bitter Melon and Eggs Recipe

Category Eggs
This page contains a scrambled bitter melon and eggs recipe. Bitter melon is believed to have numerous health benefits. This egg scramble is a great way to incorporate bitter melon into your diet.

A easy way to incorporate bitter melon* into your diet.

Prep Time: 5

Cook Time: 10

Total Time: 15

Yield: 3-4

• 2 bitter melon
  • 1 onion
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • dash salt and pepper

1. Wash and cut bitter melon in half then slice into pieces. Slice onion.
  2. Heat up pan with olive oil. Add onion to your pan and sliced bitter melon. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
  3. Crack 2 eggs in a bowl, add dash of salt and stir until blended. Pour the egg solution into the pan and stir for 5 minutes.

*According to Wikipedia "Momordica charantia, known as bitter melon, bitter gourd, bitter squash, or balsam-pear, is a tropical and subtropical vine of the family Cucurbitaceae... Bitter melon originated in India and was introduced into China in the 14th century. It is widely used in East Asian, South Asian, and Southeast Asian cuisine."

Top Comment

I love bitter melon! I give it to my father who deals with diabetes. Its very good for blood sugar.

Top Comment

I have a hard time loving bitter melon, but it is very healthy so I try!

Food and Recipes Recipes EggsAugust 29, 2018
🌻
🎃
🎂