Winter Melon Soup with Shrimp and Mushrooms
This page contains a winter melon soup with shrimp and mushrooms recipe
. A unique, broth based soup that is easy to make and is a great use for winter melon.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a really fast and delicious soup!
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 35
Link: Click here for more information on winter melon.
- 2 winter melon
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 stem green onion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 gal water
- 7 mushroom
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 5 pinch pepper
- Wash and clean the shrimp. Remove the shells.
- Slice winter melon into cubes or your desired preference. Slice mushrooms. Wash cilantro and green onion, then dice.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add shrimp to the pot until bubbles rise. Then grab a spoon and remove the bubbles. This process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and mushrooms then cover lid for 5 minutes.
- Turn off stove. For garnishing add green onions, cilantro, and a dash of black pepper. Ready to enjoy!
July 26, 20190 found this helpful
Where do you add the melon, it's in the ingredients list, but not in the method and why would I cook shrimp for 20 minutes