Make Your Own Address Book

I don't like the address books that are generic, so I decided to make my own. I went to the dollar store and bought a journal, with blank pages. I counted the pages, and divided it up by the 26 letters of the alphabet, giving a few more pages to some letters that seem to have more entries than others. E and S are two of the most common in my address book, so I gave them a few more pages, and Z hardly has any entries at all, so Z got less pages. I separated categories with the plastic labels that you use for filing your files in your file cabinet.

In this address book, I enter names, addresses, email addresses, companies that I have registered with online and the passwords to them, telephone numbers, and blog addresses; basically anything that I need to remember. All of these entries are made in pencil, due to the tendencies for all of this information to change. The book is sturdy, and if it is not leather, it is a pretty good imitation; and will last for many years. It is nice to be able to customize an item that I use almost every day.

I chose to add my passwords, because I change them often and need a central place to store them all, to be able to access them with minimal searching. You can enter as much or as little information as you like.

By one.of.a.kind from AL

I don't like to use a computer for things like this; I have had too much bad luck with computers crashing and losing all the things that I wanted to save. It is a possibility to back up files and things like this on thumb-drives and such, but I'd much rather have a back-up at my right hand, handy to get to. I'd rather do this, and save using paper in other ways.

Hi, kiddo. While it wouldn't work for me personally due to my visual impairment, it's a great idea. I'd add one caution, though. If your passwords aren't in a space obviously labeled as such, that would be safer. Put it under any crazy, quirky category that appeals to you, just not "passwords!"

A blank address book
Address Book Tips and Tricks
Organizing MiscellaneousSeptember 14, 2010
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Finding Free Address Labels
Finding Free Address Labels
Address Book on White Background
Other Uses for Address Books
🎄