Prize Ideas for a Trivia Party

We are having a Trivia Night for a fundraiser. I am in charge of getting the losing table some kind of fun gift. Any ideas? I have never heard of getting the losing table gifts. Help please.

By Cheryl from Crestwood, MO

Maybe a Trivia answer book? I've seen them in used book stores that are brand new... paper backed... or a book on the subject used for the trivia questions.

Look for puzzle books that mention "brain power." Maybe some vitamins that "help with memory." Check out the card game section...maybe they have travel sizes of Trivial Pursuit.

How about a "trivia for Dummies" book or similar

We have a decorated traveling "Smarties" (candy) bucket that we pass around to the table that has the highest score after each round. Some have a "Dum Dums" lollipop gift for the losing table. I saw once where they gave a box of "Ding Dongs" too. Just depends on what kind of sense of humor you are working with! :-)

@ boomeyers! This is exactly what I couldn't think of for prizes. Thanks for the idea! I am cracking up it will be perfect for what I am planning!

April 24, 2010 Flag

My church is having a trivia night and we're searching for grand prizes for the winning team. Can anyone give me ideas about what prizes are good for such an event? Thanks.

Gillian from NY

Prize Ideas for a Trivia Party

When we've had work trivia nights, the concentration was on the fun and socializing as opposed to the value of the prizes. For the winning team we felt it was better to have individual prizes for each team member so they could each take something home. They each got a winner's certificate, a winner's medal (cheap gold ones from party sections), and a bottle of sparkling wine (champagne) each.

We've also had fancy dress trivia nights, so the best-dressed table each got movie tickets. We tried to think of something that anyone could use and yes granted not everyone drinks alcohol, but they're bound to know a family member who does. You could also make individual gift baskets which we did another year, we had to have an assortment of male and female versions.

It's hard since I don't know what kind of budget you're working with.
Our budget was tight since they were "charity" trivia nights and our aim was to raise money so we had lots of fun fundraising activities also at intervals throughout the night, each with a prize. (09/15/2006)

By jojo

Prize Ideas for a Trivia Party

When my church has a game night, we often have a white elephant prize. Everyone is encouraged to bring a "white elephant" wrapped nicely, and winners pick a prize. Sometimes you get something kind of nice, but that the donor has no use for, and sometimes things are silly. Adds to the fun. (09/15/2006)

Prize Ideas for a Trivia Party

At my local Walmart store, on my last shopping trip there, on the discount aisle, they had some ceramic wall crosses painted in pretty colors with roses, some had angels on them. All had sayings on them. One was this saying, "Hope Raises No Dust". I got them for $1.00 each. They had lots left even after I got some for me and for gifts. I hope you happen up on some of these inexpensive gifts. Great luck on your event. (09/15/2006)

By badwater

Prize Ideas for a Trivia Party

What about gift certificates. I don't like giving them because they aren't imaginative, but as you don't know who will win, that would work. They could be for dinner, Home Depot, or free babysitting, etc. (09/15/2006)

By sandy63

Prize Ideas for a Trivia Party

We just had our annual parish picnic. This year our newly formed Youth Group had a free ring toss game. Since I am the assistant leader I asked the local fast food businesses for certificate donations, as well as objects to be won. The one that seemed to go over very well was the Dunkin Donuts certificates. The adults were all trying for the dunkin cup with the certificates in it. (09/18/2006)

By LRP Lowell, MA

trivia party
Trivia Themed Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party FavorsApril 24, 2010
A holiday wrapped gift.
Game Prize Ideas for Holiday Gatherings
Birthday Prize Ideas for Adults
Birthday Prize Ideas for Adults
Office Party
Office Party Prize Ideas
Fresh Fruit Cakes Being PRepared
Party Food Ideas