Game Prize Ideas for Holiday Gatherings

Category Games
Games can be a fun addition to your holiday gathering. Adding a prize for the winners can up the enjoyment. This is a guide about game prize ideas for holiday gatherings.

My daughter has family holiday gatherings at her house and some of the relatives bring one or more guests. This is fine with my daughter and I have no say over who attends.

One of my contributions to the gatherings is to purchase prizes and host some games. This Christmas we will be playing Bingo, and I want 3 of the prizes to be $10 gift cards. I also plan to purchase some cheap prizes and gift-wrap them, but I want the gift cards to go to family members only and the wrapped prizes to go to guests. I know the logical thing to do is give gift cards to the first 3 people who Bingo, but I can't bring myself to give out $10 bills of my own money to people I don't even know.

When I make the announcement about the prizes, how should I word it so no one thinks I am being unfair and no feelings are hurt. If I could do it in a humorous way, maybe that would help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

By Fortunately

Answers

Your plan sounds too complicated. Forget the gift cards and just give small gifts to any and all game winners. It's not nice to favor family members over other guests.

I would just not tell them ahead of each "round" what the gift is. I would keep them all in a bag, and reach in and "randomly" grab a prize for the winner. If it is family, just grab one of the gift cards. If a stranger, just grab a token gift. No explainations or apologies needed.

You wrote ". . . how should I word it so no one thinks I am being unfair and no feelings are hurt."

I seriously hope you have a change of heart about this idea because you are being unfair and feelings will be hurt. Ya' think no one will see through your scheme as only the "family" gets the good gifts?

I understand that you might want to give the nicer gifts to your family members, but this is a bad plan of action and a very rude way to treat guests. Again, you are being unfair and feelings will be hurt and someone will see you in a very unflattering light. Seriously, people will pick up on your favoritism and nothing you want to hide will remain hidden. Deceit is always displayed in the end.

Why not make all the contest prizes equal in value, enjoy a fair contest, and find another way to distribute the gift cards to family members only? Just be honest in your approach and everyone will have a happier holiday, you included!

Anonymous

whatever