Scuffed Finish on a Wood Floor

I removed some sticky glue from my prefinished wooden floor with a brillo pad (like an idiot) and now there is a light mark where the surface of the floor has been rubbed by the brillo pad. You can see it in the light. Is there anything I can do to restore the original shine?

Rick from Naples, FL

In the Antiques business we couldn't live without a product called "Restor". It covers a multitude of sins. Comes in pint or quart cans, and in all wood colors. Most Antique Stores carry it. Costs about 5.75 for a pint. Good stuff!

Minwax makes these stain markers you can use to cover small scratches and they have a pretty wide range of colors. You can find them at WalMart or Lowes.

I'm sorry I have no help for how to cover the mistake, but I can suggest a wonderful product called "goo-gone", available at most wal-mart/k-mart type stores, it gets rid of goo left by stickers, and IT REALLY works!!

I'd wonder if the flooring is truly wood or wood-like?

Prefinished wood is not the same as cheaper wood

patterned finish. I'd get in touch with the installer, and the mfg. before doing a thing. It could be VERY important to do it right. Ask for their help, not try this and that.

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsJuly 29, 2006
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture