Inexpensive Resources For Birth Control

My friend is a young married lady on a tight budget. She uses birth control pills for family planning, and she has run out. She cannot afford the cost of an exam and pill from a private clinic or Planned Parenthood. Does anyone know of any resource for her?

Thanks!
Susanna

Go to the local health department. They are free!

well i am unmarried so i do not have the problem of birth control. but a friend has done very well with the rythem method. your friend could go to the library and get some information on it. they just dont have sex on her fertile days. they have had no unplanned pregnancies.

I think Planned Parenthood is free or sliding scale. As for the rhythm method, do you know what they call women who use that method? Mommy

Tell her to look at this link. This works very well for many families, but takes a little (very little) time to learn the details. It is also FREE. In my opinion, it is a much healthier approach to mastery of one's fertility. I learned about this in Europe and many European women use this method very effectively.

http://www.woomb.org

Sexually active women NEED to have yearly check-ups! Please tell her to go to Planned Parenthood for her birth control and preventive care.

Planned Parenthood is on a sliding scale and even free depending on your circumstances. I have been there myself. They even give you prescription medications for free. I do know that birth control is handled a bit differently, but is still very affordable and they will do everything they can to help your friend.

Heather

When I first got married the gyn I went to gave me a year's supply of pills for free - just for asking. They get lots of samples, so are usually willing to give them out.

You can get free samples from your ob-gyn doctor's office.

Cutting back in other areas of expenditure has got to be better than pregnancy - just think how much it costs to have a baby/raise a child! Not very helpful I know but, in the case of a tight budget, contraception is a high priority need rather than a want and most people can find some money in their budget if they cut out non essentials.

Regards

Jo

http://www.tcoyf.com/

Can pick up book at used bookstore.

works well x 5 years!

If your prescription has run out call your doctor and explain to them that you do not have the money for a visit and maybe they will call you in another months supply (or give you a sample pack ) that way you can call the health dept and make an appt. as they generally take awhile to get in there. Also FYI Walmart has a new list of prescriptions that are only $9.00, and some Birth Control Pills are on the list. :)