Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Colorado Discount Grocery Stores?

I recently moved to Colorado from Pennsylvania, and am having a hard time finding any discount grocery stores. I live in Golden, which is near the Denver area. There used to be CUB foods around here, but they have all closed, as far as I can find. There are the regular grocery stores, Sam's club (which I do shop at), and Target & Walmart grocery. But I was wondering if there are any actual grocery stores that are inexpensive or discounted, such as in PA we had Aldis' and Save-A-Lot. And these were cheaper than Walmart/Target for food. So it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could tell me about any discount grocery stores in the area. And I don't mind bagging my own groceries. Thanks.

By

By tmoravius02/10/2013

Expensive bread? Yes, no kidding! The answer: Get a bread machine and make your own.
As far as other groceries, there is just one solution: Make more money. I could actually help...

By Terry12/03/2010

Salvage Grocery Stores In Colorado:

Arvada
Palumbo's Friday Store, 5636 Newland Way, 303-422-8562
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday

Brighton
Robb's Inc, 301 S Main St
9am to 4pm Monday thru Sunday

Colorado Springs
WestSide BargainMart, 3135 W Colorado Ave., Ph 719-685-4500
Extreme Bargains, 2727 Palmer Park Boulevard, Ph 719-448-0757
Extreme Bargains, 3190 N. Stone Avenue, Ph 719-471-8506
Extreme Bargains, 3112 East Platte, Ph 719-473-6974
The Open Box, LLC Discount Electronics, 2727 Palmer Park, Ph 719-448-0759

Dacono
Dacona Discount Grocery, 913 Carbondale Drive, Ph 303-833-5005
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, and Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Closed Thursday and Sunday.

Ft Lupton
Robb's Inc., 511 McKinley Avenue, Ph 303-857-1459
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday

Greeley
12th Street Pantry, 716 12th Street, Ph 970-356-7747
Closed Thursday and Sunday.

Loveland
Esh Discount Grocery, 4221 West Eisenhower, Ph 970-663-1883
Closed Thursday and Sunday.

Monte Vista
Sunshine Salvage LLC, 10978 S County Rd 5E, Ph 719-589-9069

There is also Sunflower Farmers Market, they are a chain store with great deals on fresh fruits, veggies, meats and dairy products.
www.sfmarkets.com

You can also check out Save-A-Lot stores, they have fresh fruits, veggies, meats and dairy products.
www.Save-A-Lot.com

By Tera (Guest Post)10/24/2008

There is also a discount grocery store in Brighton,CO called Robb's. It is located on Main st.

By Susan Buhr (Guest Post)07/29/2008

Hi,
I live in Golden also. I looked at the Grocery Outlet store website and they don't list Colorado as a state with whom they do business. I find bargain basket produce at Heinie's Market on 44th St for $2/basket, and at the end of the day at the Golden Farmer's Market. There are bargain bins in the back of the King Soopers and Safeway, and there used to be a Bread Outlet on Colfax. I also buy staples in bulk at Golden Organics off of I-70 at Wadsworth. Sometime the U-pick operations are less expensive, but check it. I would love to see a Grocery Outlet near us, but in the meantime there are lots of ways to skin a cat.

By Tricia (Guest Post)03/20/2008

I agree with the other new arrival from CA. I just loved the Grocery Outlet in CA. They had the best deals and hey you can try non-name brand products once and see if you like them. They consistently had great frozen item deals and canned tomatoes or sauces. They even carried dairy and some meats. I have been so disappointed that I have not been able to locate any true discount stores here. The search continues.....

By gwen (Guest Post)03/06/2008

try save a lot stores. there is one in Aurora.

By Henry (Guest Post)08/26/2007

Hi here is the location for 1 Save A Lot store in Lakewood, which will be the closest for you to drive, from Golden.

Lakewood Save-A-Lot
6601 W. Colfax Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80214-1836

Enjoy.

By john (Guest Post)07/22/2007

Yeah, I just moved back from Silicon Valley (boo hiss...) and we had several steps down from premium stores like Safeway...the best a store there called Grocery Outlet. They purchased on the spot market so you would not always have the same brands week to week but good god, the prices were a godsend to anyone struggling on low wage labor earnings. I cannot spend $100 a week a King Sooper to feed myself.

Just an example, an 8 oz. piece of Havarti cheese approx. $4.50 at King Sooper or Safeway was $1.50 at Grocery Outlet. I regularly got premium ice cream pints like hagen das or ben and jerry's for $1.50, 1/2 gallon tins of 100% welches grape juice $.99, etc. Again all purchased on the spot market so generally not there week to week some stuff was though but alway something good for good price.

Or a small bag of Iceberg salad prepared mix with the carrot and red cabbage shreds in it was $1.99 even at Safeway but $.99 at GC. Here $2.29 and up.

I understand there is geography involved in produce that has to travel here vs. the short run from the central valley in Ca. to San Jose but then meats and grains ought to be better here and you have the most expensive bread I have seen in years...honestly, FOOD COSTS A LOT HERE!

Why is food so much in Colorado?

By (Guest Post)05/30/2007

There are save-a-lot stores in Colorado these are the only ones they have.. hope this helps

Thornton Save-A-Lot
630 West 84th Ave.
Thornton, CO 80221
Phone:

18.59 miles

Denver Save-A-Lot
2630 West 38th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
Phone:
303-433-4405
21.58 miles

Lakewood Save-A-Lot
6601 W. Colfax Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80214-1836
Phone:

21.77 miles

Denver, Co - Florida Ave.
4255 West Florida Ave.
Denver, CO 80219
Phone:
(303) 935-0880
""

By simona (Guest Post)02/13/2007

yes, in Dacono , Colorado. Take 125 north to Hwy 52 (exit 235) and go east( right) . on the corner of Hwy 52 and CR15. There are closed on Wednesday and Sundays. Dacono Grocery Warehouse. THey get the food that is about to expire from Safeway and King

By Amber (Guest Post)05/26/2005

I used to live up in the mtns and it was a drive but worth it to the 'big city.'

There are several Save a-Lot stores to go to, but they will not be close by. Golden is a smaller town.. Go into Lakewood, I lived there, and if you drive up Wadsworth, you will find lots of stores, even some restaurants, like CICI's pizza ($4.xx for all you can eat pizza, pasta and salads!) and hit the clearance aisles at Super Target in Colorado Mills Mall (not far from you!) ..

There are places like Big Lots!, one is off Colfax near you too.

I live near DIA, but I drive around a lot! I am from Orange County, CA.

Amber
amber_n_griff@yahoo.com

By AD (Guest Post)01/29/2005

There is the Colorado SHARE food warehouse that is the best deal I have found. It is at 9360 Federal Blvd in Denver. It has several food programs also but the warehouse has great prices on food.

By wanda dalesandro (Guest Post)01/11/2005

there is a save a lot store on west colfax & pierce ,

By Mickey Meyers [1]01/10/2005

yes, I have, but thanks.

By Linda L. [33]01/10/2005

Have you looked in the old-fashioned yellow pages under "grocery"?