Preventing Material From Sliding When Sewing

I can't get my bags to stop sliding when sewing. I line them up and the machine pulls them. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
giftsandbags.com

Use pins, two-sided tape (available at your fabric shop and easily removable). Keep a firm grip on your materials, keep the sewing machine speed to a minimum (slow) and - if need be - take it one stitch at a time.

The only other thing I can think of is to pin pieces of paper to top, bottom and even in between. Paper will add rigidity as well as friction and will be easy to tear away (although you'll have a bit of a mess when you're done).

GOod luck!

Rose Anne

Thanks for the help. The tape is sticky when removed. so I have added a drop of hot glue to a part not under the needle. LOL crazy but woks well.

Crafts SewingNovember 19, 2006
Keep a Broom from Sliding (and Falling Down)
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Highchair
Keeping a Child from Sliding in a Highchair
Cutting tomatoes on a cutting board.
Keeping Cutting Boards From Sliding
🎉
🎄