Cats Using Flower Garden as a Litter Box

Please help, my neighbour's cat is using my garden as a litter box. I've cleaned it once but the cat returned. If I put moth balls out will this keep the cat out or will the cat eat them?

Well, if your cat is as determined as the stray cats that get into my yard, then you've got your hands full! This sounds completely nuts, but it actually works. Spread coffee grounds, citrus peels (lemon, lime, orange) or citrus oils all over the area you want "protected". Cats hate garlic too, so spreading a few bulbs around will help keep them at bay too.

Put hot sauce or moth balls in garden. The cat will not eat them. Do the same for stray dogs & etc, good luck.

I sprinkle a mix of red, black & ground peppers, with hot dry mustard. Don't need much, but it works like a charm. I sprinkle it on top of fences, walls & the ground. It lasts a long time. They just smell it & don't go near. I'd remove any cat poo that you can find. Till the dirt, water & then sprinkle the mix. Leave for a few days, so they get in the habit of avoiding your yard.

No hot sauce or peppers! It burns their eyes and they try to scratch them out to stop the hurting! Citrus peels and coffee grounds work really well. Just remember to replace them often, and citrus peels and coffee grounds make good fertilizer.

This really works. It cost about $20.00 but it works and a little goes a long way. Go to Montery Lawn and Garden.com and look for NO CAT ZONE.

I want to deter the cats & dogs from using our yard as a toilet but not deter wild birds or harm them what to use? We have feeders out on platforms on poles in yard & bird baths.

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 23, 2009
A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎉
🎄