Store Milk In Plastic Bag

It's true. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure especially when it comes to cleaning. In this picture, I wrapped the plastic grocery bag handles around the handle of the milk jug, leaving enough of the handle because the bag can be slippery. It keeps the white sticky on the bottom of the jug from sticking to the shelf in the refrigerator. Presto, less mess.

You can leave the bag a bit loose and it will also collect dribbles and small spills when pouring the milk into a glass or other container. Who wants to have less mess and less cleaning in their lives? Everyone!

By Carol from Hartselle, AL

What a great idea! I am going to try it!

I think it's easier to rinse the jug of milk off under the tap, dry it with a handy kitchen towel and put it away nice and clean--no dirty bottom. I make sure the ribbed area where the cap goes is nice and clean because the milk collects there and sours quickly if it is not clean. Sorry, but your plastic bag method sounds like more work to me. The jug still has to be washed out at the end to go into the recycle bin so it doesn't attract bugs (we have plastic recycling every 2 weeks). How do you dispose of your jug/plastic bag combination?

I guess I've never had this issue before. I'm not sure I completely understand. But I'm glad it works for you.

Be sure to carry the jug home from the store in a plastic bag, too. We had a leaking jug one time, unknown to us, and some milk leaked under the spare tire in the trunk of the car. It was winter and didn't find out until spring, when we smelled the sour odor throughout the car.

Organizing KitchenJuly 23, 2009
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎄
🍂