Dog Licked Up Spilled Grease

My Dog licked up some spilled grease and now has vomited once and acts uncomfortable. What home remedy can I give her or does she need to go to vet? Thank you for any help.

Sheila

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If it is food grease, I would call a vet and see if you should bring him in. If it is vehicle grease or the like, I would probably just run him to the vet. Those dogs are soooo small that they don't have to eat much of something to have serious problems.

i agree. the food grease will make her vomit but she should be ok but auto grease. vet now......

Go to your pharmacy or health food store and get either charcoal capsules or Hyland's Upset Stomach tablets. Both neutralize and absorb toxins and help eliminate digestive problems and both are safe to use with pets.

It was cooking oil, Murphy had a bad night, I think her belly hurt. Thjis morning she was her happy self wagging her tail and eating. Thanks for your help.

I would still call the vet. Even though she seems to be better, there could possibly be after-effects that aren't as noticeable.

Better to be safe, than sorry.

Last Thanksgiving, we had little room in my small kitchen, and put the greasy turkey pan on a low table in the back yard. I forgot it was there and my dog got into it. She threw up a couple of times (nice entertainment for my guests!) but then she was fine. I'm sure that you'll find the same with your dog.

Pets Dogs HealthAugust 18, 2005
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Bleach Bottle
Cleaning Up Spilled Bleach
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Sealed Envelope
Opening a Sealed Envelope
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 4:50:23 PM on 10.0.2.161 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.