Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Rain Rot On Horses

I have horses. Recently they got rain rot. This is a bacterial, not fungal infection. I have used fungicides in the past for another rain rot infection my mare got 7 years ago. I bathed her every day with topical fungicides and betadines and it took months and months and she lost all her hair. When she got it back recently (as well as her mother), I wasn't going through the fungicide route yet again.

I did research online and decided to literally pour apple cider vinegar onto where she broke out (yes it burns, but it dries out the many sores). Take a stiff brush and scrub the infected areas. Do NOT share the brushes! In 4 days, "yes", 4 days, the mares were remarkably better and were no longer hurting or sore. Two days later all the lesions and scabs were gone!

That was a week ago. Now, every few days, I spray some ACV on the areas just to keep it at bay. It also softens their hair.

It literally cleared up the rain rot in 6 days, not weeks, not months!

By Deltaqueen from MS

Comment

Horses standing in the snow.
Caring for Horses
Pets Large Animals HorsesSeptember 18, 2008
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Apple Cider Vinegar With Apples and Cinnamon
Health Remedies Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Tomatoes growing with blossom end rot.
Blossom End Rot on Vegetables
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 4, 2016 at 11:01:39 PM on 10.0.0.239 in 197 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.