Repairing a Broken Stem

Heal broken stems with a drinking straw. Split the straw lengthwise and cut to the desired length. Carefully put it around the broken stem and tape it shut. Make sure to water the plant well. Then hope for the best. This quite often will give the stem the support it needs to heal.

By Penny

What a clever idea. Sometimes my peonies get knocked over by a squirrel or a heavy rainstorm. I'm going to try this outside this year.

September 7, 2011 Flag

You can replace the stem of a flower that has broken off with a straw, the way florists sometimes do. This also works for the heads of artificial flowers. I just put a stem on a flower that I had scavenged off a wreath so I could put it in a ceramic vase the hubby gave me for my birthday.

By Pam from Los Angeles, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Plant Stem
Repairing a Broken Plant Stem
Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthMarch 22, 2007
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
🎉
🎄