Removing Band-Aids from Stuffed Animals

By joan vallee 1

How do you get Band-Aids off a stuffed cloth animal? They are really stuck to the cloth and rip when I try to pull them off.

Joan from Philadelphia, PA

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Put it in the dryer for a couple of minutes. This should soften it up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

This is not tried & true, just an idea on how to remove band-aids from a stuffed animal's fur. Try putting the toy in the freezer & see if the band-aid removes easily. Or use a hair dryer on the band aid, but that might leave sticky

residue. Then you'll have to post for ideas to remove that!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 Flag

I would recommend laying a warm, damp cloth over the band-aid. Let it set awhile (15-20 minutes should be long enough,) then try gently lifting the band-aid. The moisture should loosen the glue, making it easy to remove, without damaging your stuffed toy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try blow drying the band-aid. It will melt the adhesive and then the band-aid should pull off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda Jones 13 88 Flag

Wonder if goo gone would work...it removes stickers. Use a tiny bit.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rikki 1 Flag

STOP AND READ FIRST!I have a VERY smart MOM! In a panic I called her and she said "USE HAND CREAM". I used Jergens.

I applied a two drops, (just enough to cover the surface and around the edges), and I smeared it around. Then I started to pick off the band-aid with my nail and it peeled off in one piece! LEAVING NO RESIDUE! NO greasy mess, and no harm to stuffed animal!

Using any heat will melt the glue and cause you more trouble. Freezing it does no good. So try this! It really works!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kris 1 Flag

Thank you so much "ILoveLucy1967"! My 18 month old son recently bumped his head and had to have stitches. To help him with having to wear a band aide, we put one on his favorite friend, a cloth mouse. After just a few days we decided we should take it off, but it just came off in little pieces or not at all. I tried the lotion and it was like magic, the band aide just peeled right off. Thank you for saving "Mouse"! We really appreciate the helpful tip!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Brendan 1 Flag

I just tried the hand lotion suggestion. Worked perfectly. I learned that you can apply it generously and it works better at saturating through. No need to limit it to a drop or two. I pulled up one edge by picking at it and used a toothpick to push the fur down to help get the Bandaid off completely.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

December 1, 2012 Flag

Yes, hand lotion worked pretty well even with a very sticky plastic bandage. Thanks for posting.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Leilana Colonna W. 1 Flag

I used a bit of hand cream until it saturated the area, and the bandaid pulled off. No residue. Thank you for the tip! Easy and clean.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning ToysNovember 11, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Crochet Stuffed Animals
Making Crochet Stuffed Animals
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 3:35:14 AM on 10.0.2.5 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings