Paint Color to Go With a Dark Blue Carpet

What color could I paint my walls to match dark blue carpet?

April from Roxboro, NC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Linda in Missouri (Guest Post) 09/11/2006

My favorite color combination is dark blue with grays, bluegrays and brown. Maybe a dove gray or a bluegray. In my old house, I had white walls, dark blue carpet and curtains were a oriental print with grays, blues and browns and furnigure was light brown upholstery. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Nelba (Guest Post) 09/11/2006

Just about anything LIGHTER, depending on the style of your house. Just don't paint dark blue - it will make your house look really dark and somber.
Light gray, cream, taupe, even a white with a blue undertone, would work.
More importantly, would be what you do regarding drapes and furniture.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Carol in PA (Guest Post) 09/11/2006

I'd use a modern combo like light tan with the dark blue carpeting. Use bright zinging apple green for the accents.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 09/11/2006

Oh, no! Where'd my suggestion go? All I got when I pressed the "Preview your Post" button was, "SORRY, Thriftyfun is really busy now. Try posting your page later." When I tried to retrieve it, all was erased. What happened? It's not the first time this has happened. Makes me really frustrated to have taken so much time to remember, type it out only to LOSE it all.... Can anything be done to prevent this from happening?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Janet45101 (Guest Post) 09/12/2006

Perhaps a beautiful light yellow? That's a lovely contrast. Then dark blue and white striped or patterned cushion covers and a white (or white background) area rug. Paler blue drapes with white sheers and dark blue and yellow valances might be pretty with this. Good luck, and thank you for the opportunity to indulge my "inner decorator"!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By kittie (Guest Post) 01/04/2007

when i moved into my place the living room had yellow walls with a deep blue carpet.. don't do it; it looked terrible. i ended up painting it a cool blue/lilac/greyish type colour which looks really good (especially seeing as my sofa is burgandy red)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Joyce A Ratasepp 1 21 01/04/2007

I found this I hope it helps !!! Scroll down the page there is a color wheeel that will help you find the right color This is sa VERY helpful site

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No