Baked Rum Bananas

All I can say is, "Oh, Baby, what a treat!" ;-)

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 Tbsp. white rum
  • Ad
  • 6 medium under ripe bananas

Preheat over to 400 degrees F.

Mix the sugar, lemon juice, butter, and rum together in a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel and slice the bananas in half, lengthwise. Place bananas cut side down in a lightly buttered baking dish.

Pour the rum sauce over the bananas and bake for 30 minutes, turning once. Allow to cool slightly and serve.

Note: I just tried making these again on Sunday but used brown sugar instead of regular sugar and they are even better using the brown sugar!

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Yum-yum! Can't wait to try this, and I would agree the brown sugar sounds better. How about a couple sprinkles of coconut on top?

Sounds yummy and good for gluten-free dessert.

This would be great over ice cream!

Do you know if simmering it would burn the alcohol off,or would I need to boil it? This sounds really good & I'd like to make it, but I don't want to give it to my kids with alcohol in it. Thanks!

I believe that you can find rum extract; however, it may have a small amount of alcohol like any extract does (including vanilla).

A pan of Crepes Suzette
Dessert Recipes Containing Alcohol
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsMarch 21, 2011
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Hummingbird Cocktail
Hummingbird Cocktail Recipes
A banana on ice.
Freezing Bananas
Jello Shots
Jello Shots Recipes