Rum Banana Bites
Here is a delicious way to use over ripe bananas. These rum banana bites also incorporate the deliciousness of peanut butter. Try this original recipe soon.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I just threw this recipe together off the top of my head last night when I saw two super over ripened bananas sitting on my counter. These Rum Banana Bites could not be easier to make. No butter, no eggs, no fuss. They are like a cross between banana bread, muffin tops, and scones. So very good!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 bites
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 capfuls rum
- 2 Tbsp flour
- pinch of salt
- sugar and cinnamon to top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F. (I used my toaster oven!)
- Mash bananas with a fork.
- Add heaping portions of sugar and peanut butter, with the rum. Mash it all together.
- In a separate bowl stir heaping tablespoons of flour and the salt together then pour it in the wet mixture. Mix well. Use a spoon to plop small scone sized boulders on greased cookie sheet. Bake about 25 minutes. If you like them on the sweeter side, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!
October 18, 20150 found this helpful
I usually make banana bread with overripe bananas but this looks like another great option.