Protecting Painted Fabric

I recently decorated a white feather comforter with my grandchildren by letting them stamp their hand and foot prints all over it with paint. The problem now is that I used your basic water based paint, not fabric paint. What can I treat it or coat it with to protect the paint? Would "Stain Guard" work? I love the comforter, however I want to be able to use it without worrying about getting it dirty?

Thanks!
Debi from Vancouver, WA

Answers

Check in your craft aisle of your local Walmart store or other similar type of store. I know there is a spray you can buy to protect this. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it Good Luck

June 3, 2011 Flag

Does anyone know of a spray or brush on additive that one can apply to fabric painted items to help protect the paint longer? I am looking for something for items that will not see the washing machine often, such as painted totes. Thanks!

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know of anything specific, but Aleene's and Beacon both have lots and lots of glues and fixatives. Look at their websites online.

Crafts AdviceOctober 31, 2005
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 11:46:19 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.