Use a Fork for an Easy-Off Milk Cap

If you're like me and have trouble opening milk and other items that have that perforated ring around the cap, here is a simple solution. Simply place one tong of a fork through the perforation, between the ring and the cap. Move the fork so the tongs face upward, and lift the ring off completely. Now the cap can easily be unscrewed.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I've done this for so many years, I've lost count - so why didn't I think to suggest it?

Oh, and don't forget to cut or break the ring that comes off the milk jug, just to be sure it doesn't hurt the wildlife... just in case.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsDecember 3, 2009
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft