Painting Over Brown Bag Wallpaper

I am repairing a wall that has been brown bag wallpapered and the brown bags are different shades of brown. Can I paint over this and just have textured wallpaper?

Nicole, is there a glossy finish on the wallpaper? Many paints have a hard time adhering to a high gloss finish. I would think that if you use a quality primer first, and then paint over it, that you would have good results. I painted over black, vinyl wallpaper once, using a tinted primer and then a latex paint and it worked just fine. Good luck to you and your redecorating project!

We did the brown bag on my daughters walls and waited until all the glue was dry and then painted the color she wanted...which was a deep chocolate...it looks great.

I say go for it!

Good luck!

Sure can i did this at my farmhouse it was simple and looked like expensive treated walls!

Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 27, 2008
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Brown Paper Bag Wallpaper Technique
Brown Paper Bag Wallpaper Technique
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎄