Grease on Pan Bottoms

The outside bottoms of my pans have burnt on grease.

By dbeach7908 from TN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Depending on the material of the pots I did use scouring power with steel wool on some, and soak polished steel pots in hot water with dish soap and Javex before rubbing hard with baking soda on a soft rag. Might have to repeat.

August 24, 2009 Flag

I have a set of the new Cook's Essential from QVC that have baked on grease on the bottoms. We want to hang them on hooks, but they look awful. What can I use to clean the bottoms of these pans? I am not really sure what they are made of.

marylou1953

Answers:

Grease on Pan Bottoms

I use Thund'r Blast to clean grease. I bought it at Dollar General for $2.00. It works really well. If you have sensitive skin you may have to wear gloves when you use it. (07/25/2005)

By luv2craft

Grease on Pan Bottoms

If it isn't aluminum you can spray the bottoms with Easy Off, let it set and then scrub with steel wool scrubber. (07/25/2005)

By Seagrape

Grease on Pan Bottoms

QVC sells FULSAL (sp). Not sure if that is how it is spelled, but you spray this product on then get sponge wet with water and it is like it melts the burnt on grease away. Try it it works. (11/05/2008)

By vcphillips

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesAugust 24, 2009
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:01:43 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.