Homemade Satin Hands

First Step: Use olive oil to smooth over hands.

Second Step: Use your favorite exfoliating cleanser and smooth over hands (may need to use a little water to smooth easier). Rinse.

Third Step: Use your favorite lotion and now you have satin hands without spending too much money.

You will find most of these items in your home already!

By Lana K. from Des Plaines, IL

The best and cheapest exfoliate out there is sugar. Brown or white, sugar gives that "scratch" needed to break away dead skin. I use sugar as an exfoliate for "satin hands" by mixing the sugar with a lotion or olive oil, and rub for 2-3 minutes, then wash off and apply lotion after drying.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

March 1, 2010 Flag

I'm looking for a cheap way to recreate the Satin Hands (Mary Kay) experience. Any suggestions?

By Mae East

Answers:

Homemade Satin Hands

I have not used that cream. I use Vaseline or baby oil all the time, day and night, maybe you can locate it online, good luck. (12/11/2009)

By kffrmw88

Homemade Satin Hands

I think the key is the scrub and a good moisturizer afterward. I have a sugar scrub I use on my body from time to time. When I remember to use it, I make sure to use it on my hands, too. It really helps to make the skin nice and smooth. Then, like I said, a good moisturizer to help keep them soft.

I recently tried and really like a cream from Yes to Carrots (it's called C You Through the Dry Spell). And I see they have a scrub called Feel the C Pampering Hand and Nail Spa. I'm hoping Santa will bring me some for Christmas!
Mmmmm. Now you have me wanting to go work on my hands. :-) (12/11/2009)

By mrs.story

Homemade Satin Hands

I use some olive oil and a bit of sugar rub a little into your hands or wherever you need smoother skin then wash off and then apply your favorite hand or body lotion. (12/13/2009)

By gammybear

Homemade Satin Hands

Can you make sugar scrub made out of regular sugar? Does it make your hands sticky? (12/14/2009)

By MaeEast

Homemade Satin Hands

Way back when, before the "satin hands" Mary Kay used a teaspoon of sugar with the extra emollient night cream. You can also use any type of shortening instead of the night cream. Just clean hands with dish washing liquid afterward and make sure you use a good moisturizer. (12/18/2009)

By tyhjones

Homemade Hand Scrub
Homemade Hand Scrub Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes Hands and FeetMarch 1, 2010
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Satin Baby Shoes
Cleaning and Preserving Satin Baby Shoes
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 11:07:52 AM on 10.0.2.180 in 901 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.