Programming a Curtis TV Remote for Use With Direct TV

By Richard Miller 1

How do I program the remote to my Curtis TV? It is hooked up for Direct TV service and I don't know if it is adaptable for my Direct TV remote.

By Richard

Showing: Answers Sort

thr522587 Flag

That's probably best answered by Direct TV and they should have helped you program the remote in the first place when you ordered the service.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lee Anne Guryn 2 91 Flag

Go to menu, then system then program remote. It will take you through the steps and give you the codes to type in. You can also call Directtv and they will happily help you to do that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara Huggins 8 209 Flag

I guess I'm not understanding what it is you want to do. The only time I use my TV remote is to turn the television on & off and for volume. Everything else is on the Directv remote.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 Flag

We're DishNetwork rather than DirecTV customers. However, I believe the concept is the same.

You can program your DirecTV remote to control your TV, but your TV remote cannot be programmed to control your DirecTV. It's a proprietary thing. We learned this the hard way recently when hubby's DishNetwork remote for his HD TV mysteriously disappeared. (We never found it and suspect a disgruntled cleaning guy disposed of it.) We ended up ordering a new remote. Thankfully, DishNetwork was willing to waive the replacement fee, and the Tech Support people walked us through programming the new remote to control his TV when it arrived.

If I get the job I just applied for, I'm planning to buy hubby a product called a "Key-Ringer" for Christmas. It's a sort of "locator beeper" for anything you lose regularly, whether it's the car keys, your purse or wallet, or the TV remote. It works up to 300 feet. Attach half the KeyRinger set to the oft-lost item and the other in a safe place where it won't get lost, lol! Reader's Digest said you can order sets for $29.95 at keyringer.com or call 800-776-4888. Hope this helps...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)October 21, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
Remote Car Alarm
Using a Remote Car Alarm
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 8:32:21 AM on 10.0.0.145 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings