Photo of Growing Mint

This is picture of mint I have in my flower beds. I like to make mint tea with it, winter or summer. Very good.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

When planting mint, be sure to put it where it is easily contained, such as in a bed between the house and a sidewalk, because it can become very invasive in the garden! It sure is nice to have, though!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I was given some Spearmint and also Peppermint but I didn't realize that it was so very invasive. It took half of my vegetable bed now I can't seem to get rid of it. I am going to plant some in a contaner so it does not take over any more.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hi, Kathleen,

I'm just taking this feedback opportunity to let you know how much inspiration I get from your posts. I too love to garden, and I admire your creativity and hard work!

Nancy in NC

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I grew mint at my last house and OH MY GOODNESS is it invasive!! It has a tubers root system which means it spreads like wildfire... But I really did love the way it smelled and tasted... Good Luck!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I am going to try this, in a container.

Thank you for the inspiration.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

The first time I planted mint it took over most of my yard! No one told me how invasive it was! LOL I just moved to TN and I'm going to grow it in containers. There is nothing like cutting some fresh mint for leg of lamb or for making mint tea!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Please explain how you make the mint tea? E-mail be back. Do you just throw the leaves in the tea or do you dry them first.? I've neer done it.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes