Photo of Growing Mint

This is picture of mint I have in my flower beds. I like to make mint tea with it, winter or summer. Very good.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

When planting mint, be sure to put it where it is easily contained, such as in a bed between the house and a sidewalk, because it can become very invasive in the garden! It sure is nice to have, though!

I was given some Spearmint and also Peppermint but I didn't realize that it was so very invasive. It took half of my vegetable bed now I can't seem to get rid of it. I am going to plant some in a contaner so it does not take over any more.

Hi, Kathleen,

I'm just taking this feedback opportunity to let you know how much inspiration I get from your posts. I too love to garden, and I admire your creativity and hard work!

Nancy in NC

I grew mint at my last house and OH MY GOODNESS is it invasive!! It has a tubers root system which means it spreads like wildfire... But I really did love the way it smelled and tasted... Good Luck!

I am going to try this, in a container.

Thank you for the inspiration.

The first time I planted mint it took over most of my yard! No one told me how invasive it was! LOL I just moved to TN and I'm going to grow it in containers. There is nothing like cutting some fresh mint for leg of lamb or for making mint tea!

Please explain how you make the mint tea? E-mail be back. Do you just throw the leaves in the tea or do you dry them first.? I've neer done it.

Photo of someone with their hands around growing mint.
Growing Mint
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Mint Brownies
Mint Brownie Recipes
Canning Mint Sauce
Canning Mint Sauce
🎄
🍂