Mint in My Garden

Photo Description
I love to go out to my little garden in front of our shed. The beautiful mint and the seeds on top, are just beautiful! Everytime I go out there, I spend a few minutes admiring our little garden!

Photo Location
Hampton, TN

Excellent. I grew up w/my grandparents and we had mint around the house outside. Loved it, but have not had any luck in finding mint plants or mint seeds anywhere. Sure would like to plant at my house, my grandparents been gone long time, no help/advice from them. Perhaps you can tell me where to get any and what time of year to plant. Thank you. TIMOTHY

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hi Timothy,

I get mine at the produce section of my grocery store. They are already in small pots. I then clip off a 4 inch flipping, then put it in a container with some water in it. You will see little white tours grow out of the cutting. I like to plant them in my garden when the roots look about an inch or so long.

They seem to do good this way. I have read mint is difficult to grow from seed, so I have never tried. My

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hi Timothy:
I agree with Robyn, a grocery store or even a gardening center, because it is difficult to grow from seed. Just remember, to plant mint in pots, because it is very "invasive". Other than that, enjoy!!!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenAugust 19, 2016
🌻
🎂
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mint-in-My-Garden.html