Cure for a Flat Dog or Cat Bed

Do you have a dog or cat bed that's flattened out. Here's what I did to put a little life back in it. I bought some polyfill from the store and restuffed the bed. Most of the newer beds have zippers so you can do this. The polyfill costs about 5-8 bucks for a box and my dog was very happy when her bed was restuffed and more comfortable for her to sleep on. And it's a cheap way to do it instead of the expense of buying a new bed. Better yet, hit the garage sales and find some pillows on sale and do it that way!

By Debradj from IL

I use two other items:

A bag of shredded foam, this is available at fabrics stores and upholstery suppliers.

The foam has more resilience allowing the pets burrow in a bit.

A bag of cedar shavings available at pet stores.

Cedar is a natural flea repellant and has a clean fragrance.

You can premix them in a large trash bag, or pour into the inside liner and mix by shaking.

NOTE: This can be messy, best done outside.

Saving Money on Dog Beds
Saving Money on Dog Beds
Pets AdviceMarch 27, 2008
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper