Hang Jeans to Dry

Never - repeat - never - dry your jeans completely in the clothes dryer. Pull them out after about 15 minutes in the dryer and hang them up to finish drying. You can hang them over a shower bar or use a skirt/pants hanger. Either way, they will dry straight and keep some softness from their time in the dryer, but they won't shrink and wrinkle up.

I've made this a rule for the entire household, it not only keeps the jeans fitting everyone better, but it makes them last a lot longer. Plus, your loads dry much faster if you hang the heavy jeans, so it's good for saving on your electric or gas bills, and it helps you get through laundry day faster. This technique works well for corduroys and shirts too.

Source: I found the tip about jeans in a book of advice about looking your best at any size. I've always hung shirts and blouses half-dried, but thought I had to dry jeans completely.

By Nhe from TX

Laundry Tips and Tricks, Dirty Laundry in a White Basket
Laundry Tips and Tricks
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsJanuary 19, 2011
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Hand pouring powdered laundry detergent into washing machine using pink scoop
Emergency Laundry Detergent Substitutions
🎉
🎄