Cleaning Jeans With Ground in Dirt

Ground in dirt on clothing often needs pretreatment to ensure that it is removed in the wash. This is a guide about cleaning jeans with ground in dirt.

Whatever I try I can't get the ground in dirt out of my work jeans. I am a carpenter and so this dirt is not greasy nor mud, its just dirt from working with wood and being on a construction site.

By Peter U

Best Answer

Try soaking the jeans overnight in a bucket filled with warm water and 2 cups of powdered dishwasher detergent dissolved in it. Make sure the jeans are submerged in the water. Weight the top down with a plate if needed. Then wash as usual. The el cheapo brand from the dollar store works fine for this if you don't happen to have any detergent. If this is partially successful, repeat. Hope this helps.